With the lights on?

As a gender, are men funnier than women?

Is it ok for a woman to use her sexuality to get a table at a restaurant?

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday, February 26, 2010 ○ Special Memories

So I had trouble thinking of what to write next.  I know it happens to all of us writers!  LOL!  But now I'm at a part in the story where mine and Country-ex's relationship began and that was 6 years ago.  That's a lot to remember and I only want to try and hit certain important events.  But I thought long and hard and came up with a few stories to share.

One special memory was our first St. Patty's Day together down on Greenville Ave.  Country-ex had a ski trip planned way before I knew him.  And he had way before I knew him invited this woman to go with him along with his brother and brothers girlfriend at the time and some others. He hadn't dated this woman much and he did say she was older which I thought funny cause Country-ex is so not like that to date a cougar.  But I'm not saying she was that old.  So he let's me know she is going but that he said he would not be seeing her anymore because he met me.  How sweet☺  She already bought everything but he worked it out that they would have separate rooms.  And I wasn't worried.  I don't remember how many days he was gone, but missed him so much.  He was getting back from Telluride the day of St. Patty Day.  It was just one of the many traditions we started.  It was and still is fun to head down there.  This years will be bitter sweet because Country-ex and I will not be doing it together.  But I have new wonderful friends that I will be going down there with me.  But that first year was a blast!

My first trip to T-town to meet Country-ex's family was fun.  And I was little nervous.  I can't remember everything we did that weekend, but remember going to the country club while the guys and Country-ex's Dad played golf.  They let me swing at a few balls in my jeans and heels!  But I was content to ride in the cart and drink margaritas.  Country-ex's family is wonderful and I miss them to this day.  I stay in contact with his Mom.  We were always close.  I actually just got an email of my birthday present from her.  We chat every so often and keep in touch.  I miss her a lot!  I also got to meet Country-ex's friends who were very nice.  It is a different world out in T-town, but they were down to earth and just liked having a good time!

Another fun trip was when we went to Country-ex's high school reunion.  His best friend MW went too.  That is where I met one of my best friends today, Monica!  The first night we met, we clicked!  I felt special to be there with Country-ex and meeting even more of his friends.  He always made me feel that he was proud to have me by his side.  Years later that feeling changed some. The night of the reunion afterwards Country-ex came up with the crazy idea to head to the all black club, Mister D's!  Even one of Country-ex's female black classmates said hell I don't even go there.  But when Country-ex had drinks in him and he had an idea of doing something there was no stopping him.  One of his guy black friends was on his side and we got a big group together and headed a ways just outside of T-town.  Country-ex said to just keep my wits about me and try not to piss anyone off!  God was my life really in danger!  Country people can be crazy, but really!  I remember going to the restroom and thinking, he said don't look anyone straight in the eye, I could piss them off that I'm in their club.  But as the entire group got there, we started having fun. 

It was getting late and I had just had enough to drink so I called it quits...when all of a sudden they announce there will be a dance contest...and Monica is entering!  Now Monica is white so I wasn't gonna let my new friend make an ass of herself as the only white girl so before I knew it I was up on that stage dancing away!  It was Monica and I and 2 black girls.  They took us on stage, introduced us and we were off!  We all took turns dancing on the stage alone.  I think I was 3rd or 4th.  But those black girls showed all their goods!  Oh fogot to mention...we were dancing to win $300!  Plus we made some money as we danced too!  Guys would throw money up on the stage.  We all danced our turn when they announce we are gonna have the ladies take a quick break and bring them up again for one last time.  AGAIN?!?!?!  So the manager buys us a round of drinks and off we are again.  Now when doing my dancing I thought, don't get nasty cause that's not me, but just do enough to get people riled up!  Again the black girls are on the floor legs in the air, stuff hanging out, making the tips.  We finish and they go one by one judging each of us by level of applause.  Well hold on to your pants ladies and gentlemen BUT I WON!!!!  hehehehe!  $300!  The manager of the place was very nice and said we were welcome back any time.  We all stayed a bit longer, but not much because it was well past 2am.  And as we walked out Country-ex said to hold on to my purse tight and let's get to the car.  He said that is someone's grocery money you just won.  The next day we joked with his black friend when we offered to take him to breakfast.  This friend said, what do you think your doing bringing your white girlfriend out here and stealing all our money.  He was joking, but he didn't go to breakfast with us.  Waffle House that morning was oh so good!

I've got a few more beginning stories to share and will have them for y'all tomorrow!
I'm off to see Phantom of the Opera tonight with my folks.  It's my birthday weekend so let it begin!!!!

1 comment:

  1. woow Nea,i just checked your blog out and i love it.This story sounds very familiar and i do remember you telling me all about it,good memory!!!!.

    ReplyDelete