With the lights on?

As a gender, are men funnier than women?

Is it ok for a woman to use her sexuality to get a table at a restaurant?

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 ♥ Valentine's 2004

Hi Everyone!  Hope you all had a nice weekend, I did.  It was pretty low key and loved hanging Sunday night with my best buds David and Martin!

So now that I've told some beginning stories I kept thinking what am I gonna write next.  I think that is why I have had a couple days absence.  Now ...is where mine and Country-ex's lives began.  There were so many days, so many stories, so many experiences.  So when we broke up, one day I thought about the almost 4 years of pictures we had on his camera.  Plus I'm sure I was feeling down and had a thought that once I downloaded the pictures I would send him a few fav ones just to see if it would start a spark or flicker.  I know sad, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Again I will revert back to my new fav song, "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum where she sings "I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all".  So true, and we all do it to ourselves.  So getting to my computer tonight I thought, go back to the pictures you download from Country-ex's camera for inspiration.  I have a file named "The Old Days" which will be the best pictures of my life.  And then I saw our picture from Valentine's Day.  One of the best Valentines Day I ever had...

See one thing with John, my ex before Country-ex, was that he was wildly and crazily romantic.  Candles, birthday cards, romantic cards, love letters, emails, writing a poem for me and framing it as a present, massages, cooking naked, celebrating our anniversary every single year like it was our honeymoon and things I can't write on here...he went all out.  And as a woman you love it and to me experiencing this at an early stage in my life because I was 19 or 20 when I started dating John you think all guys are like this.  Men know we like this and they have it in them right?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I can't write that enough!  Well luckily John did know the meaning of this.  And that is what brought us so close together so soon.  Because I will tell you next, how Country-ex really seemed to have those same traits in him.  He did for a while, but life happens and things change in peoples own self...and then everything changes from what you once knew.

So for Valentine's Day in 2004 I had a show that night.  Actually Valentine's was on a Sunday, but I went out with Country-ex that Saturday.  After the show he came to pick me up.  Country-ex is in the parking lot behind the theatre waiting for me.  Then I am told by one of my castmates that John is back stage and has something for me.  OMG!!!  I was freaking out!  It's not that I didn't want John to know about Country-ex because I would get caught it was that I didn't want him to be hurt, that I had moved on.  Like I said John is sentimental.  The first trip I took to Illinois with him, where he is from outside of Chicago, when we go to his old elementary school he starts to bawl golf sized tears (he was a golf pro, so no pun intended) because that was his neighborhood, where he grew up, started to become a man.  So I end up telling my castmate to make up a story that I am not done with notes for the night or something.  He handed him the manila envelope and leaves sadened I'm sure. 

I get word that I can come back to the backstage area.  I am handed this manila envelope that is really thinck. I don't know what it is.  Melissa was with me along with a couple of castmates so we open it up.  WOW.
He has put together and entire notebook of every email we shared while I was in school in Arizona, Oklahoma, every birthday, holiday, anniversay, missing you what ever card you can think of that we sent to each other was in there.  If you remember my last blog where I said my mom gave me this box of memorabilia of things with John and I, that notebook was in there and I did read it...all 5 years of it.  Good lord!!!  So I flip thru it a bit and am stunned, sadened, teary eyed, but I know as hard as it is I have to get going to my new might be love, Country-ex.  I keep the notebook at my dressing room station, and dressed in my red sexy Valentine's dress I go to meet Country-ex. 

I knew a few things about the Vday night but not everything.  So my first surprise is what hotel we were staying in.  We pull up to the Adolphus downtown.  Beautiful place.  We are taken up to a suite and it is gorgeous.  Huge living room and dining room area, wonderful bedroom, awesome bathroom.  There is champagne in the room and I AM IN HEAVEN!!!!  We drop our stuff off and head off to a late dinner at the Green Room in Deep Ellum (miss that place).  We go back to the hotel, have a drink in the bar area, peek in the French Room once it has closed, another drink in the bar area and having the time of our lives.  When we do go up to the room and let me tell you all the things here tonight were planned and had to be scheduled by Country-ex.  Rarely happened again...

I walk in the room and rose petals are on the floor with a path to the bed and on the bed is a heart made out of rose petals.  We have chocolate covered strawberries, fluffy hotel robes, and bag full of goodies with some lame romantic movie, candles and other items.  We are both having so much fun and eating up those strawberries.  I swear to god and he does too...those were the best chocolate covered strawberries we ever ate.  We called room service and asked for more.  When the hotel said well not sure what we have left, how many you want, Country-ex said "all of em"!  They were gonna cost a lot , but he didn't care.  We got a new tray of them shortly after...about 6 or 8 of them and once again gobbled them up!!!  Shortly after that we had to take a picture of ourselves in the room.  We concocted the camera on a chair with a waste paper basket and as crazy as it sounds we got the best pictures.  See for yourself.  I was given this picture framed in a beautiful Waterford Crystal from for my birthday a couple of weeks later.  Wow the thought of it still brings damn feelings, shit! 

After all that fun, having more champagne and hitting the mini bar, well the sexy lingerie I bought for that night came out of course.  And when I mentioned the big living room/dining room earlier, well there were these marble love seats but without cushions at every window. We ended up eventually in one of them, not easy on the knees.  Maybe that's why I have tendonis to to this day.  LOL!  As we were in the window it started snowing.  Kinda like the crazy weather we are having now in 2010.  We watched as it honestly came down really hard and so beautiful.  It was fun, but I love snow... brings out some kind of childhood facsination in all of us.  We eventually go to bed...I have no idea what time it is.  I had a matinee that next day, Sunday (actually Valentine's Day) ,we got Breakfast in Bed...love that.  I get ready for my show and we do have to leave a bit earlier than planned because of the snow that has fallen.  I was a bit worried cause I know there are idiots out there that can't drive in the snow and I felt good about Country-ex's driving, but you never know.  Well he did great that day in his close to almost beat down blue Jeep Cherokee.  But anything car related, almost accident in the years to come...whatever... he was the best driver ever.

I had the matinee show that day and of course since it was actually Valentine's Day and cause Country-ex and I could not get enough of each other then we were gonna spend that day together too.  Were else to go after my matinee but Hurricane where we first met.  But we all still went there all the time...I still do.  His best friend MW came and met us.  We hung out there for most of the night and back then we were young and that is when Greenville Avenue still had some strip clubs.  One being The Fare at Milton and Greenville Ave.  Well we ended up there.  Dark, sleazy place.  I didn't mind I was for it, not cause I like those places for numerous reasons, but with Country-ex living on Greenville with his BF, MW living with him and at the time they would get drunk and head there sometimes.  At least I can say, they didn't go for bad reasons. I was with them 90% of the time and it was fine wth me.  There were times I would get mad but just cause if Country-ex was already drunk he would head there, but not to look at girls, just being a big shot.  Let's go to a stip club, drink more and smoke a cigar. At least he knew he had me at home and that was better than any stripper I promise you.    He never smoked and ALWAYS got on my for me smoking cigarettes, but it was like his place where he could escape even though he was with the person he loved.   They were guys, what can you say.  I don't even know how manytimes I went to Million Dollar Saloon with Country-ex and other girls and guys, its just what we did sometimes.  But at the Fare I remember playing pool and mostly making out all night with Country-ex.  But when I went to the ladies restroom which was a bit disturbing to me because it was ALSO the strippers dressing room...I was taught an honest, innocent trick for girls.  I still do it to this day.  To know this trick you would need to email me at renee.e.smith@sbcglobal.net.  It's not bad, just handy.  LOL!  But going to the bathroom and being a tall as I am the saloon doors to the toilets don't help you stay private.  Pretty sure I went to the restroom once and told Country-ex about my bathroom experience and that we needed to leave soon. 

So that was my first Valentine's with Country-ex.  As you can tell memorable.   There were no others like that.  It's like giving a baby a piece of candy and when they are crying for another piece you should give them more but you just don't.  So for the next 4 years I was crying for another piece of candy.  This blog actually took me a while to type.  It was hard.  Had to come back to it a few times.  I hope you enjoy and understand more about our life.




No comments:

Post a Comment