With the lights on?

As a gender, are men funnier than women?

Is it ok for a woman to use her sexuality to get a table at a restaurant?

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday, February 19, 2010 - Psycho & Country-ex Encounter, February 2004

TGIF BABY!!! 

Well really TGIF doesn't mean much to me because I work Saturdays : - ( 
But I still have my fair share of some Friday nights.  I try to keep them more low key.  Just finished my turkey and cheese sandwich, feeling good so here we go.

Country-ex came to see me in the musical I was performing in at Theatre Three on a Saturday night.  After the show we met up with my best friend Lee, the guy she was dating then and a few other friends at The Cavern on Lower Greenville.  Our friends band Tall used to play there and I think might have been there that night.  Well I see Psycho's best friend Don.  He was always cool and nice to me.  We chat for a bit, introduce him to everyone and then he warns me that Psycho is there too, with some girl.  Automatically Lee is ready to kick his ass cause she's always got my back.  And he involved himself in her life too and she tried many times to talk sense into me as to why I was seeing him.  Of course I turn to Country-ex and say all will be good, I hope.  Had to warn him just in case.  But Psycho finds out I'm there and right away that doey eyed, sad, poutty lip look comes across his face.  Augh makes me cringe today.  I look away and warn Country-ex.  Lee gets in fighting mode.  I think she even had words with him.  I let her cause sometimes it's just good to get things off your chest. 

So Country-ex and I are sitting in a booth-like chair in the middle of the place.  And Psycho walks over to me and starts talking privately to me.  I tell him this is not the place or the time and please do not do this.  I begged and I knew with him, the only way to get rid of him was to talk to him away from everyone.  So I told Country-ex what I needed to do hoping he wouldn't be freaked out by all of this.  Cause you know guys, the less drama the better.  But he was extremely cool about it.  So Psycho and I walk all the way in the back of the bar.  He asks me what am I doing and who am I with.  I tell him it is someone I have JUST met and that we are broken up and not meant to be together, but I am very sorry.  So he starts in on...and I shit you not this is what he said cause it wasn't the first time I heard it...but we are suppose to be together...you are suppose to be the mother of my children...we are suppose to grow old together...it's not suppose to be like this...you are suppose to bear my children.  And of course I respond...no that is not how it is suppose to be, I will never be your wife.  Things have changed with us and I cannot be with you.  I tell him please do not make a scene because I have to go back. 

Luckily he lets me go back and for the rest of the time he was there he pierces me with his eyes.  He held a lot of sadness in his life so even the smallest of things would have shown that same look.  See I'm not stupid and when I thought things were not the truth with him I called him out on them and he came clean.  And with the lies he told not only to me but his close friends he asked us all to begin calling him by his birth name and not his writing name.  I know crazy!  Oh hi Ashton..., I mean Chad.  And his other best friend who I kinda knew from high school knew of a few things.  And this friend was gay, which when the truth coming out a lot of us wondered about Psycho's sexuality.  I'm not saying he was gay, but with the way he was I could maybe see him NOW going both ways.  Anyways so I guess at some point he remembers he was there with this girl that if I remember correctly could have been a girl he picked up on the side of the road!  She just looked ragged!  He seems like he gets pretty wasted and leaves with the side of the road chic!  I was relieved.  Country-ex took it all well and it never seemed to bother him cause I did apologize one more time. 

FYI - before I went to my performance that night I talked to my other first ex John and I ended things with him.  From meeting Country-ex I knew I wanted to be with him, get to know him and not juggle anyone else.  It was hard and we were both sad, but I felt at peace. 

Next time I will tell the story that happened about a month later with John.  TGIF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment