With the lights on?

As a gender, are men funnier than women?

Is it ok for a woman to use her sexuality to get a table at a restaurant?

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February 17, 2010 First Blog Posting Day!!!!

Hello World!

I have always wanted to start a blog, but honestly before now I don't think I was exciting enough!  Ok take that back I am always exciting, but 7 months ago or even at the beginning of last year I wouldn't have anything too exciting to say THEN.  It would have been more complaining.  About my life and the relationship I was in.  Don't get me wrong I loved the relationship I was in, but at the 5 year mark on February 1st, 2009 it was not heading in the directions I wanted it too.  And so I am now starting a blog for my sake and anyone else who might be interested.  Since being newly single some of the craziest shit has happened.  It's a whole new world out there.  So with this new chapter in my life I wanted to start jotting down my thoughts, happenings, heartache, etc.  I just told a friend the other day, "you can't make this shit up"!  So here we go!

Wow where to start?  I'll start off with some insight.  So I met my ex 6 years ago.  Let's give him a name.  Some names I am leaving out well cause they are in my life now and who knows who all might read this.  Country-ex will be his name.  And for those of you who know me you know EVERYONE I'm talking about.  It was a funny story and he always liked telling it.  I had been to a model audition that day and if I remember correctly I officially ended it, no if ands or buts, my relationship with Psycho early evening.  We dated almost 6 months and that night we were broken up but had to give back his key and say sorry for us not working out.  That's a whole nother story.  And if I remember correctly I think I saw John, my ex (of 5 years) before Country-ex (of 5 years, you see a trait) that night after Psycho.  See once Psycho started bothering me, I went back to John, but he wanted to get back to gether too.  So I dated them both for a while.  Wow that is hard.  Especially when one is a psycho!  Can I say that enough?  But he stalked me too so it just wasn't easy.  And I was about to officially end it with John again too.  I had changed and he just wasn't the one for me anymore.  Even though at one time I thought he was the person I would marry.  So off to Hurricane to meet my best friend and some other friends.  My friend Lisa and I were sitting at a table when she warned me that a guy was coming over and she thought he was coming to see me.  Well it was Country-ex and he asked me for a cigarette for his friend.  Off the bat he seemed nice.  We may have chatted for a bit and he left.  A few minutes later he comes back to give me back my cigarette because his friend already found one.  Next he asks if I would like to come sit at his table.  I felt safe with him, thought he was genuine, cute, good looking and really sweet.  And I loved his accent.  Hard to understand even to this day sometimes.    He was a bit tipsy but that was ok.  Country-ex was there with his best friend and another friend who was in town.  The friend from out of town was pretty drunk and after a while he ended up knocking my tall frozen Hurricane drink all in my lap!  Boy it was cold and I was shocked.  But I didn't freak out.  I felt embarrased for me, Country-ex and the drunk out of town guy.  But they were so sorry, got me towels and helped clean me up.  Luckily I was wearing black slacks so you couldn't tell.  To this day my ex said he knew I must be a pretty cool girl for not freaking out and running the other way.

He and I hit it off.  My best friend loved my ex that night because she lived for a while in T-town where he is from.  And they knew some of the same people.  And my best friend was happy for me to have met a normal guy.  You know since I was coming off of Psycho.  So the night proceededwith us swaping phone numbers,  getting low on the dance floor and ended with a slow dance and our first kiss.  I was on cloud 9!  So happy!  I couldn't wait to tell my Mom I met this great guy who I knew she would like!  I was really excited!  And when I walked in the door that night my ex said he knew he was going to meet me and his friends helped push him there.  That was January 28, 2004.  A day I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment