With the lights on?

As a gender, are men funnier than women?

Is it ok for a woman to use her sexuality to get a table at a restaurant?

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday, February 21, 2010 ♦ Story about John, April 2004

Hi everyone!  Hope you are having a great Saturday!  I have so far.  A bit tired cause I went out with Nima, Nico and Sarah last night!  Thanks Brooks and Eddy at Veritas Wine Bar!
http://www.veritaswinedallas.com/
And thanks Nima for making me have the last margaritas cause I had to get my keys inside of Hacienda. 

So Country-ex and I have been dating for 2 months now.  And I really like him and think he has so many great qualitites I want in a long term relationship.  I'm still suppose to be moving to NYC, but both Melissa and I had not yet.  I was working at Pappasito's to make some extra money and having fun working with Brendan my crazy hooker friend!  And if I'm gonna move to NYC I better know how to really wait tables.  Funny, years ago Country-ex worked at the same Pappasito's in Richardson.  Anyways I am at Sur la Table taking a cooking class with my Mom and I let her know that I might want to see where this relationship will go and not move to NY.  She of course was ecstatic!  She worried about me moving there.  Now my Dad on the other hand was probably not going to like it.  I really wasn't for sure what I would do, but just throwing the idea out there. 

I got offered to take manage the Front Desk at Northwood Club where I had worked since 1996 at the Snack Bar at the pool during the summer.  that is where I met John by the way.  So I started at Northwood the first of April.  Figured I would keep working in Dallas to make more money if I did move to NYC.  Breakups are never easy of course and it wasn't an easy breakup for John.  I had very little conversation with him out of respect to Country-ex, but when he called I would be nice and answer.  So he really wanted to see me and take me to lunch.  It was the day before I started at NWC and I agreed.  Went to On The Border one of our fav places.  We had lunch, and nice chat and then he walks me to my car, but asks me to come to his car first.  We go to the passenger side and he reaches in to pull something out.  It is a ring box.  WHAT???  He said he at least wanted to show me the engagement ring he had picked out for me and was hoping our relationship would get back on the right path and then propose.  He looked very sad and I was shocked.  Shocked because this was happening and shocked for another reason.  See John and I talked a lot about marriage and rings, stuff like that.  He had MANY pictures of the type of ring I wanted.  He wanted the pictures.  So when he shows me a ring like this
and he had umpteen million pictures of rings like this
I was shocked!  Not trying to sound bratty, but they are very different.  So it honestly made me think this was not the real ring, that he borrowed if from his jeweler and he KNEW that is was NOTHING like I wanted to give me one last jab.  I don't really know and never will.  Plus the gold ring diamond was seriously like 5 carats!  It was huge and I knew he did not have the money to really spend on a diamond that size.  So we had a nice long hug and said our good byes.  I may had seen John one last time months after that, just to grab a quick drink and see how we were doing.  He started dating a woman and ended up marrying her last year in August.  How you like that.  He said I had ruined him on marriage and that I was the one and he never would and he goes and gets married before me.  That really bothered me cause it was when Country-ex and I were not always doing so great and I wanted more from him.  My Mom gave me a box to go thru and it was all of mine and John's relationship, cards, letters, pictures from OU and that hurt my heart.  Not cause I made the wrong choice with him, but because I wasn't there yet...and so wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment