With the lights on?

As a gender, are men funnier than women?

Is it ok for a woman to use her sexuality to get a table at a restaurant?

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Good Afternoon Y'all!
Hope everyone is doing well and while eating my lunch I thought I would write my 2004 Super Bowl party story.  So I got a phone call from my ex the next day after we met.  That is always a good sign.  He invited me to his Super Bowl party for that Sunday.  I ended up asking Biotch (Melissa) to come with me.  We were doing Wild Party at Theatre Three at the time together.  We had a matinee, would go home to take off stage makeup and head to his party.  Well the day of Melissa tells me that her parents are making her do a family Super Bowl party and she can't come.  I panicked for a second thinking damn I really don't know this guy and of course not his friends, but felt bad to back out just cause I had to go alone.  My Mom was not thrilled of course that I would go alone, but I felt confident and safe enough to go.

So off I go to his condo with my 2 bottles of Riesling.  One of Country-ex's friends later told me that he asked him so what does she look like?  And since Country-ex did have beer goggles on the night we met, he answered, well she tall, blonde and pretty!"  Not bad for beer goggles.  I found the condo and there were 6 people including my ex.  That same night, one of my soon-to-be best friends, SF met MW (Country-ex's BF) and started dating.  Years forward they got engaged, but are no longer together.  Must have been something in the water that night!  But they are both extremely happy with the way their lives have panned out.  Then there was my ex-best friend and another couple at the party.  Too bad I'm not at my home computer or I would include pictures from that night - so I will later.  The pink and purple sweater I wore became my ex's favorite and said I never wore it enough after.  The night was fun and everyone was very nice.  A plate was broken, avocado was thrown on the celing.  A plastic chair was also broken and my ex-BF sat on a planter box and got her butt stuck in it.  Needless to say we all got tipsy, tipsy, tipsy, drunk.  I did tell my ex that in about a month I was moving to New York to pursue my acting and modeling career.  He said well let's see how this all goes and take it from there.  He was even open to a long distance relationship if we both wanted. 

Much later that night my ex takes me upstairs to either show it to me or had other plans in mind.  Can't remember, cause A. I was drunk and B. it was 6 years ago.  But we ended up NOT coming downstairs.  And the friends got locked out of the condo and were throwing rocks up at the window.  We did not hear them.  Eventually they got let in and some went home and one friend might have stayed over downstairs.  My ex and I passed out in his room and I did not go home.  Yup that made my mama real proud.  And pissed the f-off!  But also at that time I was rebellious towards my parents.  I was trying to move to New York, living with them to save money, had just dated Pyscho and wanted them out of my business.  What 26 year old doesn't.  So when I did wake up once thinking oh lord my Mama is gonna skin my ass, I also didn't know who might be downstairs sleeping, I would have to find my clothes in the dark and make my way downstairs to get my phone.  So I stayed in the bed.

Next morning, got up, chatted with the ex and left.  My parents had been blowing up my phone.  They were happy/pissed to hear from me.  I think my Mom was in tears.  I mean I know when I have kids and they pull a stunt like that I'm gonna be pissed the hell off too.  They had even called the police which told them to call the cell phone company to see if I made any phone calls after a certain time.  My Mom had left work and was with Dad I think even driving around.  I got home and got quite a beating, verbally.  I felt bad, but was still in this mind set that well if I lived by myself it wouldn't have been a big deal.  So I locked myself in my room and got ready for my modeling job that afternoon.  I was working with Jan Strimple at the time.  And it's funny now, that Jan and I worked together again, but not modeling.  She runs the fashion show and back stage production for the Salvation Army charity event held at my work last year in May.  And we saw each other again in November and joked with her husband how many years ago we modeled together.  It was a fun and an easy gig and to make $900 in 3 days was awesome to me!

A couple of days later Country-ex and I go out to dinner.  It was too soon to have him come up to the door and meet the fols, especially since steam was still coming out of my Mom.  We went to PF Changs (love that place).  But I had to make a deal with Country- ex.  Since my parents were ticked off and I explained to him some about Pyscho that it would put them at ease to have him meet them.  He agreed and a few days later we had him over to dinner.

Ok a bit more and I will move on.  Cause I really don't plan on telling our whole life story.  I would seriously have to quit my job and become a writer.  HA and I'm so not a writer.  My parents would laugh at the thought of me writing all of this.  I just want to include certain important and funny stories to lead up to today.   

So here's a bit more...my Mom asked well what does he like to eat?  Hell I didn't know.  So she came up with Cheese Fondue.  We thought that works, everyone loves CHEESE and it's good conversation food.  Country-ex is from a well known, populated country town.  And from living in Dallas then for about 4 or 5 years had become Dallasized, but there was a lot for him to learn once entering the Smith Family World of Food.  Hell he wouldn't have touch sushi until he met me and Tony Lee.  So Country-ex had not had cheese fondue.  He did so well and was so cute.  He kept loosing his bread, and then would just barely dip his bread in it so he didn't even get the cheese.  So we said stab that bread and dip it in and get that CHEESE.  Yeah and my parents were afraid of him being wierd.  He probably thought he entered into the world of loud crazies.  Needless to say the next time we had Country-ex over my Mom made fabulous steaks and he was happy to know we were not vegetarians.  He was happy till she served dessert.  Frozen Cappuccinos.  Country-ex hates coffee!  I didn't know this.  I really don't like it either though I couldn't live without it when I was young.  He ate off the top of the whipping cream, tried it and stopped right there and in the most genuine way said I am so sorry but I have to tell you all the truth, I just don't like coffee!!!  We all got a good laugh and coffee was never offered to him again.

Well back to work.  Stay tuned for my next story and this one actually involved Psycho and Country-ex! 

And as promised, here is the first pic I took with my ex.  So young and innocent.  Brings a tear to my eye.



No comments:

Post a Comment