With the lights on?

As a gender, are men funnier than women?

Is it ok for a woman to use her sexuality to get a table at a restaurant?

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday, March 11, 2010 ☻ I'm Back!

Hi there!  Sorry I've been absent lately.  Last week was crazy busy and I got my cold all over again!!!!  So I was doing way to much while not feeling well.  But that's me!  I went to the doctor Monday to get rid of it once and for all and I am finally after 2 months and counting that I got my cold about 5 times, I feel LOADS better!

Last week was a fun week...I got to go to my old place of business Northwood Club.  Was there Tuesday night to prep things with Jessica for our NACE (National Association of Catering Executives) monthly meeting.  Then we went to Kona Grill for reverse happy hour.  Wednesday was the NACE meeting and the club was decked out and looked great.  Thank yuo to Michael Scott and his wonderful culinary team.  And thanks to Jose Estrada for the wonderful banquet staff.  Jessica and I never had an empty glass...thanks Pedro and Misael!  Miss those guys!

Then Thursday night DFW Events threw a fabulous party at the downtown El Fenix location to show off the banquet space and roof top patio.  Both are amazing spaces and I was very impressed.  Plus Mary Frances Hurt the owner of DFW Events, husband is the owner of this location.  If you need to hold an event do look into the place!  http://www.elfenix.com/  They had margaritas flowing, flip books (so fun), cigar roller, mariachi band, guitarist, a yummy buffet and the new thing for desserts, Nothing bundt Cakes http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/ located in Preston Center.
But of course the night couldn't just be over for me, NEVER!!!  I ended up leaving there to meet friends at Veritas Wine Room, then hop across the street to Hacienda on Henderson and ended the night at Stan's Blue Note.  I think I got home close to 1am so not too bad right? 

Friday was a beautiful day in Dallas and I left work early for a doctors appointment that they accidentally scheduled for the day before.  I don't think I heard the date wrong, who knows.  So what else am I to do but call Janna and see what she was up to.  Traffic on 35 was too bad so I didn't want to turn around and head back to work, NO.  I ran over to Janna's salon and we trecked it up to her house, fed the dogs, made some ritas and sat outside for a bit.  Then went to Cafe Milagro our fav Mexican place in Richardson.  Her hubby and his co-coach joined us then back to their house to play ping pong.  There were many laughs and even a memorable fall.  Luckily wasn't by me!

I will get back to me and Country-ex's story, but since I've been so busy I haven't had a chance.  I need to think about my next blogs about us.  I am taking off next week so will blog everyday.  I did have a nice dinner with him this Monday.  I found something of his he wanted to pick up and came over after a meeting to get that and the mail.  We both had not had dinner so he asked if I wanted to go grab a bite.  Sure!  We can do that from time to time depending on the cirumstance.  We ate at Margarita Ranch.  As he was paying and wouldn't let me I said "awww just like old times when we were dating".  You gotta make some jokes from time to time.  But I do have to say that with everything that happened in our relationship I am very lucky that we are friends and there is no hatred about things anymore.  There will always be sadness and when he dropped me off there is always a look in his eyes and I know mine to that this is our life now and we must say good bye.  Now I know when he or I actually meet someone else and get serious with them things can't be like this, but I would and hope he would like to keep our friendship.  I believe he will because of our history and the feelings we will always have.  It's a comforting feeling for me.  Don't know what he feels completely but can guess. 

Well there it is, getting my hair done today by Janna YAY!  Gotta get back to work!




No comments:

Post a Comment