With the lights on?

As a gender, are men funnier than women?

Is it ok for a woman to use her sexuality to get a table at a restaurant?

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday, March 22, 2010 ☻ Back to the grind

I need to keep this sweet but short because I need to get to bed.  But the sooner I go to bed the sooner tomorrow will come.  And I have to go back to work after being off for a week!  I could honestly get used to the whole not working thing and certainly having Saturdays off again.  It just makes my weekend seems that much longer and productive.  At lease it was for me this Saturday.  I took off just to have some freetime, plus to get a new shower installed in my bathroom.  Of course with my luck the shower is not installed yet.  There were bigger issues with the shower pan that leaked and caused damage underneath the house.  So getting estimates and dealing with my insurance company took over the week.  At least I found all this out now.

So my week off started last Saturday March 13.  I went to the Greenville Ave St. Patty's Day parade with Nima, John and Kelly.  That was so much fun!  Had not been to the parade in a few years.  Now Nima believes there is really a parade and no ninja parade!

My best friend Fox came in town with his fiance Amy who I love to death!  We picked them up and the day began on Greenville!  We went everywhere!  Some bar on lowest Greenville to pick up friends, then to the block party (loved the tents), Dodie's to eat, Ozona's, Barley House and finished the night at Cocktails and Dancing to hang with friends.  It was a long, but awesome day!  I just looked back on the past 5 years of pictures down there and such great memories!  Can't wait for next year!

Sunday was a day of rest, kinda...spent some of it with Mom messing with shower prep stuff.

Monday the shower came out.  This is what it looks like right now...


I have a beautiful hole that leads under my house.  And my room was covered in dust!  I cleaned that day when I had Fox and Amy coming over, but I will have to do major spring cleaning once this is all over with!  That night I went to dinner with Fox, Amy and Nima to Blue Fish.

Tuesday I did go to work.  My boss was coming back from knee surgery so it was a good transision day for him and me to get a few last things done.  That evening Nima, Jimmy and myself had a great discussion with my Dad.  Then my folks and I went to Cantina Laredo for a late night dinner.

Wednesday I dealt with my shower, estimates, what are we gonna do, etc.   I did go riding at the lake.  It was such a beautiful day!













Wednesday was actually St. Patty's Day, but I had really celebrated Saturday and didn't want to deal with crowds so I hung out with Janna and Darla.  More low key and we had a fun time!

Thursday the insurance guy came over to look at my shower and inspect it.  Ran some errands looking for tile.  Then took pictures with Nima in Deep Ellum and West End.  The pictures turned out great and we had so much fun!  I already told him I'm ready for the next time!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nimatoid/4452036225/

Go to the site to check out my pictures and others he has taken!
Afterwards we were off to Hancienda on Henderson for some dinner and ritas.  Home by 9pm and then met up with a friend for the rest of the evening.  Great day!!!

Friday I wasn't as productive.  Not sure why, just felt like being a bit lazy.  But I got some things done.  Headed to dinner that night with Nima and Clay to Tein An.  Boy that was good!  Anyone who goes there must try the white seeweed salad and cod marinated in miso.  Both are heavently.  Then we went to Fedora for a couple of drinks. 

Saturday was a day of fun with Mom.  More tile places, Home Depot and we checked out the new Park Lane Whole Foods.  Cool place!  Gotta go back for the Promise Land White Chocolate Milk.  God that was good!

That evening was all about bundling up on the couch with Poutty and the fireplace on watching tv.  Thought a few times I wish there was someone to spend a night like this with, but there wasn't so I had a nice evening my myself.  AND THE SNOW!!!!

This was my backyard Sunday morning...
SERIOUSLY!!!!  We just had 70 degree weather and sunshine all week and Saturday it started snowing!  The cold was a shocker.  Short sleeves and flipflops to pulling back out my rain boots and heavy coat!  CRAZY!!!  So what else do you do in the weird weather???  Head to brunch!  Nima and I went to Iron Cactus for bottomless mimosas and our protein packed brunch!  Next we called up a few friends and John agreed to come with us to the Bodies exhibit.  The last time it was here I wanted nothing to do with it.  I don't care for gross things like that.  But luckily I wanted to go this time.  Boy was it neat and very interesting.  Crazy what our bodies consist of and what we look like inside! 
My friend Martin was in town from Tyler so he called me up.  John and I went to meet him and his friend, David in town from Arizona.  We met at Sherlock's in Addison, then to Memphis for a bit to listen to a band and back to Sherlock's to drop David off so Martin and I went back in to chit chat for a bit longer.  Another great day with amazing friends!

So a new start of the week today, Monday, brought someone else over here this morning to give me an estimate on the shower, more errands, pulling weeds, chilling outside in my backyard with Poutty, TV watching, over to the folks for a short visit and that's about it.  So now I am finally off to bed.

I will post tomorrow night cause I really am going to tell more of my story with my ex.  I guess I am stumped cause there are so many stories, but that's the problem.  I will find a way to figure it out.  I already have an idea!  But I have to keep some things private just because.  Hell my Mom already got on me today for writing about us.  She's not to read my blog and really doesn't know how to find it cause she is hardly ever on facebook.  But someone told her what I had written.  That's where Mom and I are different.  I like to be open, probably at a fault and she is very private.  I don't even know why she's on facebook cause she never wants to become someones friend or post anything.  Oh well to each their own!

Everyone have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment