With the lights on?

As a gender, are men funnier than women?

Is it ok for a woman to use her sexuality to get a table at a restaurant?

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Renee - San Miguel 2013

Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday, April 30, 2010 • It's Been a Long Time

DAVID THIS IS FOR YOU!!!
I got away from writing my blog because A. I was super busy at work and in the evenings all the time, B. to write in my blog meant talking about some stuff going on in my life and that was hard.  Mostly because it involved some people I just didn't need to write about and talk about them on here.  And C. I got lazy!  So I'm back!

A lot has been going on!  Had one of my best friends Monica come in town and stay with me!







Which led me to hearing things about Country-ex.  Some of it bothered me and that's when I stopped writing I think.  Nothing too bad, some good.  It was just a lot to hear in a matter of a week and I broke down a bit.  But all in one night.  Tequila shots and margaritas helped me thru!  No actually my Mom helped me immensely one night.  She always tells me the truth even if I don't want to hear it but talking to her really helped.  So at this point I have not had any contact with Country-ex for well over a month and it is better that way.  Luckily we are civil with each other, but just like I told one of my best friends...you cannot really be friends with them.  You can't "hang out", talk, etc.  Just be happy that you both have an understanding that if we ever really needed each other the connection we had from being together will always be there. 

I have been training for the MS 150 bike ride a lot.  Riding with my bike team on Sundays and many 6am Spin classes.  Got my 2 new fancy knee braces so I am ready to go.  I will keep my friends updated on facebook on how the ride is going.  Praying that the rain stays away.  Thank you to everyone who has donated to myself and my Dad and helping find a cure for Multiple Sclorosis.

Work has been so busy!  It's social season which means charity events, non-profit organizations.  Lots of fashion shows...one for ESD, Community Partners of Dallas Chick Lit luncheon yesterday for 450 ladies, dance clubs, Monday is Salvation Army Fashion Show, Chic Boutique and Luncheon for 640!  The HUGE Sandone tent is being built as we speak on the back lawn.  This is a picture from the first day. 
Today it has sides, a floor and Planet Productions is putting in lights, runway and backstage area.  So after my ride this weekend and then this event on Monday...who is in for happy hour with me?????

Social life has been great and non-stop.  But wouldn't have it any other way.  If I get at least 1-2 nights a week to myself that works for me.  I have also met a new and interesting person, but that's as far as I will go.  Really just friends, but glad I met them.  It's complicated.  It's ALWAYS complicated with me.  I keep saying over and over, "you can't make this shit up"!!!  It would be really scary to see my life as a reality show!  Even more scary for me to watch it!

My best friend Janna opened up her hair salon!  YAY!!!  She has a personal trainer, 3 stylists, 1 esthetician and possibly a manicuritst coming.  So proud of her!  Janna Rose Salon on Boll Street.

Poutty is doing great!
I won the who is hotter contest with Nima!!  LOL!!!

Just went to the Mavs game on Tuesday and they won!  Best game ever!  Because we all had so much fun!  Non-stop silliness, missing Dart trains, people falling, lots of running and shots for all at el jimador bar just outside from our seats!
Gathered at Shuck n Jive before
AAA for the game!!  Too bad they lost last night.

So stay tuned for my next blog about the bike ride.  If you are my friend on facebook I will do my best to keep people up to date on that.  I know I'm gonna drive my Dad nuts taking pics and trying to post!!
Have a happy Friday everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment